A premium grade of Chia that's one of natures most nutrient dense superfoods. The research shows it has two times the omega 3 of regular chia and the perfect omega 3 to 6 ratio of 2:1. A large quantity of nutrients great for pregnancy: high levels of Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, fiber and Omega-3's. Salba is a trans-fat free super-grain with 0.5 net carbs per serving.
Top 10 Pregnancy Superfood!
An ideal nutrient during: Infancy • Childhood • Pregnancy • Lactation
Green Status: Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Grown in Peru with no Pesticides and no trans fats.
Why we chose this item: We simply could not find another whole superfood that was so beneficial to pregnancy and had science to support it!
Salba is an ancient grain that is simply an amazing superfood; considered the richest whole food in nature! It has large quantities of many nutrients that are so important during pregnancy and more. These nutrients include very high levels of Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, fiber and Omega-3's. Salba is a trans-fat free super-grain with 0.5 net carbs per serving and is so mild that it can be added into almost any recipe. What more could we ask for!
Benefits of Salba:
• Every serving of Salba® provides over 2.7 g of Omega 3s and 4.1 g of dietary fiber. In Fact, Salba whole seed is nature's richest whole food source of Omega 3s and fiber!!
• Gram for gram, Salba has: * 6 times more calcium than whole milk,
* 3 times more iron than spinach,
* 15 times more magnesium than broccoli
* 3 times more Antioxidants than Blueberries
* More Nutrients than Fish Oi
* 8 times more Omega-3 (ALA) than Atlantic Salmon
* 2.8 times more antioxidants than pomegranates
(based on ORAC values)
• 12 Grams of Salbas has: * Omega-3's - 2500mg
* Fiber - 4.2 Grams
* Antioxidants - Orac Value 8400
* Protein - 2.6 grams
Awards and Recognitions:
• One of 2009's Top Three Finalists for the coveted NutrAward for Best New Product
• Winner of Better Nutrition’s Best of Supplement Award as BEST NEW PRODUCT!
• Winner of Frontier Distributors’ Best New Product Award
Salba currently maintains the Canadian Kosher Certification.
This raw functional food has a neutral pleasant taste. These dynamic seeds are ideal for mixing into virtually any food, and are convenient and easy to use. Now includes a flip-top lid with shake/pour closures.
Ground Salba can be used as: A gravy thickener, in soups, Oatmeal, etc. For baking, Use 3 parts flour and 1 part ground Salba
Salba Gel can be added to: Yougurt, Pudding, hot or cold beverages. 1/4 cup of Salba gel replaces 1 egg in recipes.
How to Make Salba Gel: Mix 8 parts water to 1 part Ground Salba. Refrigerate in a sealed jar overnight.